Scotland and adventure travel may seem like an unexpected pairing. Yet, Zegrahm Expeditions combines Scotland with the unspoiled islands of the Faroes and the volcanic wonders of Iceland for a 14-day expedition from July 13-26, 2011, aboard Clipper Odyssey that is sure to transform your view of Northern Europe from well-trodden to well-off-the-beaten-path.
Travelling in the wake of true expeditionary travellers — the Vikings — be amazed by the dramatic scenery that sets the stage for Zegrahm's expert team of lecturers to bring the region's natural history and culture to life. Voyage highlights include:
- Tour (and taste!) Scotland's best-known industry: whisky
- Storm the beach (via Zodiac) at Dunrobin and explore this 13th-century castle and its Versailles-inspired gardens
- Sail past seabird colonies perched on cliffs along the region's dramatic fjords
- Take a cliff-side hike and enjoy stunning views while learning about the volcanic geology below your feet
- Visit picturesque coastal villages still steeped in Viking tradition
- Embark on a thrilling snowmobile ride across Europe's largest glacier